Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dedicated Vegas2K9 planning blog

As I am starting to hear about the planning and homework that is getting assigned (conference research!!) I thought it might make sense to make a dedicated site for all things Vegas 2009. Consider this an attempt at that. Feel free to invite anyone else who is going to be part of the march trip to be an author on this blog.

I would also like to talk about the conference assignment homework. Should we focus on small conferences that are only likely to send one team to the tourney? Is this valuable? Or is it better to take a conference like CUSA or BigEast that will send multiple. I understand we will all (most) follow ACC pretty closely, but I am wondering the strategy of looking at the tiny conferences. Thoughts?

5 comments:

laurad said...

I was going to monitor the CAA-it's local and they usually send a team or two. But, as I was lying in bed last night, I thought it may be more useful to have someone keep an eye on the ladies game. I have an "in" with an obsessive women's b-ball fan (my dad) and I usually keep up with the ACC women. I could either focus on the ACC since they send a handful of teams or just monitor the weekly top 10-15 ranked teams (as we know, ncaa-w is a tad top heavy).

I'll leave it to the council to vote on my assignment...

skeetskeet11 said...

Laura,
I absolutely can't agree more with needing a dedicated women's resource!

Jay,
I brought this up with the other members of the council and the general thought was that this was more for action throughout the season rather than research just for the tournament.

Layup said...

OK, now I can comment after a short IT issue. I still can't see what you have posted on the right since my company blocks it.

Anyway, this was first thought up by Eric and I to use during the regular season. Then we expanded it to do research for the reg season and the tourney. Pick a small conference or mid major since everyone will be able to follow the "BCS" conferences.

Also, as much info you can bring to the table on the women's game the better.

Schillzilla said...

well, Laura was watching Northwestern vs Kansas State on the Big Ten channel this evening. I am not making that up.

laurad said...

OK, I'm happy to take on the women. I love following games where the score is 14-6 at the half. Apparently we get the Big Ten channel for free so you may be hearing more about Northwestern (who lost by the way) and my family's arch nemesis, Penn State (I was trained from birth to hate them-I still don't know why). I'll need a few days to catch up, but I'll try to get a post up by Thanksgiving. Big news of the day is UVA upsetting Tenn Lady Vols in a squeaker. So far, lots of top-ranked upsets to start the season...